1) Front- of-package nutrition labeling
2) Larger Font
3) Eliminate Capital Letters
4) Separate Data- separate minor ingredients from allergens.
5) Whole Grains- highlight whole grain percentages
6) Percentage By Wieght
7) Sugars- list similar ingredients together
8) Red Lettering- highlight the word "high" if over 20% of daily recommened for sugars, fats, sodium, and cholesterol.
9) Caffeine- include http://www.couponsherpa.com/ask-coupon-sherpa/9-proposed-changes-to-nutrition-labels/
NLEA was created. NLEA stand for Nutrition Labeling and Education Act. This act gave the FDA authority to require nutrition labeling of most foods regulated by the Agency; and to require that all nutrient content claims and health claims meet FDA regulations. This didn't include restaruants.
The FDA was created. FDA stands for Food and Drug Administartion. FDA is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, tobacco products, etc. http://www.fda.gov/