• Title I protects health insurance coverage for workers and their families when they change or lose their jobs.
• Title II requires the establishment of national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health insurance plans, and employers.
• Title II also addresses the security and privacy of health data. The standards are meant to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the nation's health care system by encouraging the widespread use of electronic data interchange in the U.S. health care system.
Theodore Roosevelt sings into law the Food and Drug Act created the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulating the contents and sale of domestically produced food and pharmaceuticals. http://www.fda.gov/
• Provided federal inspection of meat products and forbade the manufacture, sale, or transportation of adulterated food products and poisonous patent medicines
• Also required that certain drugs be labeled with dosage and content