Link: Added by:
Anniston historical landmarks from 1915 through 1963, narrated by Anniston Star commentary editor Phillip Tutor.
Created by annistonstar
on Jul 29, 2008
Last updated: 03/11/10 at 06:16 PM
Attempts at library integration sparks a mob to attack two ministers in what is now known as the Liles Memorial Library.
Attack on the Freedom Riders bus.
The heyday of West 15th Street, which served at the time as the economic center of Anniston's black community.
Built in 1944 on the site of the former home of Alfred Tyler, Sr.
Home of Anniston's minor-league team in the 1930 and 1940s.
From 1930 to 1950 was the height of economic activity on Noble Street in downtown Anniston.
Sellers Hospital is opened in 1930.
From 1917 to 1918, Quintard Avenue is extended to reach Fort McClellan.
The original site of Camp McClellan.
Glenwood Terrace, an area of new upscale homes, is built in 1915.