Created by nancylanxi on Mar 6, 2011
Last updated: 03/06/11 at 09:39 PM
Game & Interaction has no followers yet. Be the first one to follow.
MyPainter is a digital game to help in the rehabilitation for stroke survivors. In this game, players will do exercises for both physical training and language learning. The physical training focuses on weaknesses or paralysis, while the language game focuses on healing the word-finding difficulties associated with Anomic Aphasia. The goal of this game is to provide a positive experience that makes it easier for patients to rehabilitate with less frustration in the post-stroke period.
With the user tests of patients and therapists from Washington Square Institute, I have discovered that the game provides a positive experience that makes it easier for patients to rehabilitate with less frustration in the post-stroke period.
In the game, words are displayed on the screen in rhythm with the background music. The player operates a physical controller with either their hand or foot, applying pressure when the image that matches the text reach the hand. The player receives positive reinforcement via object on the screen that adds with each correct push of the controller.
9-15 is a board game. I modified cards from dominoes and recreated the rules.
There are 81 cards in total. To form a tight 3×3 square of dominoes in which all rows and all columns add up to the same value, similarly to Sudoku. Any protruding facet which does not belong within the 3×3 square does not get counted.
Rules of Play
1. The cards are placed face down and shuffled in the middle of the circle of players.
2. Each player taked 8 cards at random.
3. Players reveal their pieces to the group at the beginning of the round. Each player must assemble his pieces to form a 3×3 square of dominoes in which all rows and all columns add up to the same value.
4. The ‘Barter’phase begins, in trun, each player must :
- DISCARD one card to the middle pile, facing up,
- PASS a second card to the player to their left,
- DRAW any third piece from the pile.
5. The winner is the player who completes the square first. A player may call a win at any point during the game.
These are some design of interactive rehabilitation for stroke survivors.
There are four parts in video:
1. idea introduction
2. video game for mobility (hand fishing with web camera)
3. video game for relearning using objects (fishing with fish rod and hat: relearning using stick, head movement and balance)
4. video game for anomic aphasia
Spirit of heart is a language game for Anomic Aphasia
Polymark is a bookmark tool for your browser that provides a new way of bookmarking, create and manage bookmark lists
Timeless is an interactive application with a goal to bring people’s thought about time. In this application, audiences can use mouse to click anywhere on the screen and a clock will show up at the position where the click happens. Also, there are twelve circles which represent hours spinning on the clock as well as the hour hand and minute hand. The direction, speed, color and transparency of circles and hands depend on the position of the clock.
In this project, the time is always passing but the clock is turn forward or backward, so do the hour and minute hands. Does the time really fly away or not? Does the time go with a certain direction?